Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sir Edmund Hillary: Mind Hardily Rules

Reaching any mountain's summit is a triumph of mind over body.

Sir Edmund Hillary("Mind Hardily Rules") was the first man, with Tenzing Norgay, to climb Everest on May 29, 1953. He died recently on January 10, 2008.

I had thought of writing a limerick in his honor and finally got around to it.


Raising my head in respect, is something necessary
For a man whose achievement is quite legendary,
It was his purposeful determination
That captured our imagination,
When first on Everest's summit, stood Sir Edmund Hillary.

2 comments:

Paterika Hengreaves said...

Good read. I write limericks too, in traditional meter with the punch line in the last verse.

Paterika
http://www.poetrynest.blogspot.com

nutty said...

a nice way to start my day as i checked my e-mail.

thank you & cheers!